To teach the song from yesterday’s post (See Valentine’s Day) I follow the following process:
- Warm up singing voices with echo solfege patterns. Start with Sol, mi, la, patterns. Add mi, re, do patterns.
- Sing the pattern, S,F,M,R,D- practice hand signs
- Teacher sings the song while students listen for the pattern Sol, fa, mi, re, do.
- Teacher sings again and students must listen to the new song and add the solfege hand signs as they step down the scale.
- Find the pattern stepping up.
- Students sing the end of the song, Teacher sings the beginning: repeat as necessary
- All sing the song together.
Tune in to Monday’s post to see how to play the game!
TOMORROW I AM DRAWING A WINNER FOR THE GIVE AWAY! IF YOU HAVEN’T ENTERED GO TO TUESDAY’S POST AND LEAVE A COMMENT! WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON FRIDAY’S ENTRY!