If you read Thursday’s post you saw some of the first ways to practice musical elements and concepts. Today I am adding more to the list. Please read Thursday’s post to get the full introduction.
11. Sing rhythm syllables.
12. Sing solfa syllables, clap rhythm.
13. Alternate singing solfa and rhythm syllables on signal.
14. Alternate tapping beat and clapping rhythm on a signal while clapping.
15. Sing, leaving out certain syllables.
16. Sing, tap rhythm in one hand, beat in the other (hard!) – switch (harder!)
17. Sing, tap rhythm in one hand, ostinato in the other hand.
18. Sing, tap beat in one hand, ostinato in the other hand.
Some of those are HARD! What great ways to practice! Tomorrow I will add games that help practice musical concepts and elements.